Monday, September 30, 2019

An Owl Kept Me Up Last Night...

Since I couldn't sleep with the constant, "Whoooo,"  out my window, I thought of a quick craft project to go along with the Word Families product I've been wanting to make...




Word Families are such an important part of phonics instruction. They help students read familiar patterns of letters quickly and that builds fluency. Once a word pattern is taught, the kids can spell so many more words since they apply the new pattern to their spelling toolbelt!
Word Families Included: (There is an OWL included for each one.)
A: -at, -ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap
E: -ed, -en, -et
I: -id, -ig, -in, -ip, -it
O: -ob, -od, -og, -op, -ot
U: -ub, -ug, -un, -ut

Maybe a game of Sparkle, Sparkle, Poof can be played after with emphasis on word families?  Count me in!


If I can't sleep tonight, you'll know by my next product!  :)

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!