Sunday, May 6, 2018

How Did I Miss Reading This Gem?


I'm stumped that this wasn't on my radar this year especially during Read Across America Week.  I suppose it's better late than never!  John brought it home for me last week and I immediately brought it to school to read to my Firsties.  It was a hit!  It tells the story that we all know how Dr. Seuss was challenged to write The Cat in the Hat and explains how Green Eggs and Ham was written as well.  I love how it stresses the fact that he could only choose words on THE OFFICIAL LIST.  This just adds to the importance of nailing those sight words down!  I think this is a must for a First Grade classroom.  I'm happy I have my own copy but if I didn't, I'd be sure to check it out of the library mid-February next year so I had it for RAA.  Did you read it this year during RAA?  If so, lucky you!


And finally, I have to leave you with a link (click pic)for such a delicious recipe that is easy to make and bursting with flavor: SKILLET HONEY LIME CHICKEN.  Yum!!!!!  Seriously, it's that good!



Have a lovely Sunday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!