Monday, July 30, 2012

Who is the Apple of Your Eye? (and Blog Glitch?)

Surprisingly for most of my firsties last year, it was their Kindergarten teacher!  Aww...

After discussing the sayings, "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away" and "You're the Apple of My Eye", I had the kids respond to a few questions.  I assumed most kids would say a family member when asked who was the apple of their eye,  but, nope.  I don't remember all responses BUT I do remember:

*HALF of my class said their K teacher.
*And, a real standout:  "No one.  I'm allergic to apples!"

That last response makes me laugh NOW but at the time, I went into full panic mode:  You see, we ALL just finished eating our homemade applesauce.  Even though I had already checked with the nurse on all ingredients, ( always do no matter what!) I thought maybe there had been an oversight. 

Luckily for all of us, it was just a kid being a bit...silly?  )  Still, it did scare the cinnamon out of me!

In honor of that little one, I made a craftivity for my TpT Store for $2. (Includes recipe,too!) If you use it, be sure to use the apple-related poems in my free September Poetry Packet.



On another note, yesterday, I tried countless times to respond to new blog posts involving reading mostly.  The ones that required that I prove I wasn't a robot didn't work.  So, if you have one of those (ugh!) check it out.  The numbers/letters weren't showing up that I was supposed to copy. Maybe the glitch is fixed now?  Very frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!