Monday, July 9, 2012

Donors Choose and Snooze You Lose!

I love when I discover new blogs!  I just came across Katie's Blog, Dirty Hands & Lesson Plans. 

Katie explains the uber cool program Donors Choose.  DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that makes it oh, so easy to help students/classes in need through school donations.

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of Donors Choose? Check out Katie's post and tips to learn more about how you can get fabo items you need for your kiddos/class. After you see what she's received, you're going to want to get involved! The program is impressive and so is Katie...a FIRST year teacher who has been able to get so many of her programs funded.  Lucky, lucky kids!

I'm going to research this some more and go for it...eventually!  My mind is a-swirling right now just thinking about this!!  Hence the Snooze you Lose...I'm not missing out on this fantastic opportunity! How about you?) 

Thanks, Katie!

Although I am so not thinking of going back to school yet, I did just make my first customized Read/Write the Room for a teacher.  I heart this activity and can't wait to get my own roster so I can make my own for my class.  Although I offer four designed, she asked for a cute Peace symbol.  So glad she did!  Turned out great! 




What's on your agenda today? Even though I've only been out of school for two weeks, I'm back in school this week for four full days of Responsive Classroom training.  Should be fun!  Have a great day, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry, you haven't heard of donors choose before, I guess we need to put it out there more.... I got over $4,000 worth of books over the years, listening stations, journals, leap pads... Its a great program. If you need help with any part of the process, just let me know. I

    First Grade Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy leapin' bonanza...$4000! Wow! Kudos to you! I may just take you up on that offer! I'm really going to start thinking about this after I meet my writing deadline and get back from vacation. (Maine! Can't wait!)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read her excellent post also! My first time out with Donors Choose was a fail, but that's before all of these wonderful tips that everyone shared. I am going to give it another try & see how it goes. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this freemercytemple@yahoo.com email accidentally, and I was quite happy I did. After reading through a lot of other emailes coment and meeting a lot of fake psychics, I found a nice girl right away that is honest, funny, and very attractive after my spell casting preparation to bring the love of my life close to me We are getting married soon. We are both go to the same church and sing in their choir. Our church is pretty big anyways. We started out as friends and ended up starting a relationship which has fully blossomed and now I have asked her to marry me! SHE SAID YES!!! thanks for his margic and spells! I have found the love of my life now. l thank those who have made this site possible to drop out your experience and l shall recommend his email the freemercytemple@yahoo.com to those who are still looking for their soulmate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm your newest follower and I'm giving you the One Lovely Blog Award! Come on by and check it out! =)

    Sandy
    Second Grade Spots and Dots
    sandybeach1267@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


  6. The guy my ex girlfriend left me for dropped her for someone he works with! Your spell works fast! Of course she called me but I want nothing to do with her. I love knowing I had everything to do with this, wiseindividualspell@gmail.com is the best spell caster in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a spell caster I contacted 2weeks ago. he is really great. I have been scammed initially by other spell casters of almost a thousand of dollars. I am not rich, I work my ass for this hard earned money. But my sadness was turned to joy when I met Dr.Ehis he is really terrific and you will get results for whatever you are seeing he for within very few days. he is so honest and sticks to his promises. His contact is below: ehisalextemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!