Monday, June 25, 2012

Poof Goes My Blog...

Eek!  I just tried entering First Grade Fever's oh-so-cool contest.

As I left my second comment entry, I noticed my first one disappeared.

As I left my third, I noticed that the prior one also disappeared.

I was grump-grump-grumping each time because I cannot stand having to prove I am not a robot!  (I so appreciate the blogs where I can just comment while being logged in to my account.!)

Next thing I know, "I" go poof!  I get a note that says my blog has been deleted because they detected I'm involved in spamming. (I guess because I was asked to leave email for each entry.)

Gulp!

Has this ever happened to you?  I got it back by reactivating and proving I wasn't a spammer but..oh, my!

(Note:  I don't require anyone to do that verification thing because I know how hard it is on my eyes.  I notice that most bloggers in my blogroll don't and I comment more on those blogs.  Some DO have a wait period so they can approve messages before posting them.  That's fine and dandy!  Anything is better than me squinting and scratching my head trying to see those teeny tiny squishy letters/numbers.)

I'm sorry I can't enter the contest!
Sniff, sniff!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Makes we paranoid about entering other contests where I have to leave my email!

      Delete
  2. Glad you got your blog back! I totally agree with ya. I HATE those prove you're not a robot. I don't even think a robot could read some of those. I had one today pop up with ROMAN NUMERALS. I mean, come on. I didn't know whether to type exactly what they had (VIII) or type in 8. So, I refreshed it. :)

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My verifications today have said to copy both "words" but one is a blank box with a darker shade inside of it. So, only 1 word!

      Thanks, Haley!

      Delete
  3. If it's an email thing, maybe try leaving your email like this:

    funinroom4b at gmail (dot) com

    Or some other variation...not all strung together. I'm not sure. Or, just do a link to your blog (I hardly ever leave my email anymore since I'm easy to find if you click on my link.

    Do you know how to do those? You type in html code. Email me and I'll give it to you.

    Elizabeth


    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I saw everyone else leaving email intact but I guess that was it. Odd though since I've left it before. I had only done it 3 times before they deactivated my blog. That was surprising! YEp-I do know how to insert my blog link but forget to do it from time to time. Thanks for the offer to show me how AND for reminding me to do it!

      Delete

Let's chat!