I'll leave my personal resolutions private but list my professional ones here.
1. Get to school at crack of dawn so I can work without others in building (so I actually work and not gab!) and I'll also leave when school day ends. My kids need me here! :)
2. Work on upcoming assessments a little each day. No cramming! This week, I plan on getting all WAWAs finished as well as sight words. Then, I'll do running records and scoring.
3. Read a highly recommended professional math book. As soon as I can remember the name, I'll edit this to include the title.
4. Take down my current outside BB and put my January up by this Friday. Isn't that always stressful?
5. Send weekly newsletters home via email in January.
6. Sort and organize math materials. I stepped into a well-stocked classroom this year and that's about the only area I haven't "made mine" yet. Labels, reorganize, etc. Takes oh-so-much time, doesn't it?
7. Make my February packet of poems for TPT. I've had a few emails already asking if I was making one. Yep- coming soon! Also making a mini-unit for my favorite Valentine's Day book ever: Somebody Loves
You, Mr. Hatch. Have you read it?
That's is for January. How about you? Care to share?